Choosing a caterer is one of the most important and exciting decisions you’ll make when you’re hosting an event. Not only do caterers provide food, but they also typically offer service ware, waitstaff, and other critical accommodations. To ensure you’ll have the best food with amazing service at your next event, we’ve compiled a list of five questions to ask your caterer.
- Do you provide full-service with my catered meal?
- If you want to have someone else do all the setup, meal service, and takedown, it is important to have a full-service caterer. Ask your caterer what service options they provide so that you can sit back and enjoy your day.
- Have you done events at our venue before?
- No matter if they are familiar with the location or not, a great caterer will provide you with delicious food. However, if your caterer has not yet done an event at your venue before, make sure that they have access to the venue’s rules, the location information, and contact information for management so they can get all the details ironed out beforehand.
- What type of food service do you recommend?
- Caterers are experts in event dining so asking their opinion on what type of service to have can be invaluable. Whether you decide to do buffet, stations, plated or something a little less traditional, your caterer will be able to guide you to the best service type for your event.
- Do you have a catering license and are you licensed to serve alcohol?
- This is critical because caterers who have a license have met the food safety regulations by the local health department and also carry liability insurance. In addition to a catering license, if you wish to serve alcohol, an alcohol license is necessary for you to have liquor at your event.
- What are your most popular items?
- To make sure you appeal to all your guests, choosing a few popular items from the menu on top of your favorites is a great way to make sure everyone loves the food.
If you are searching for unmatched catering in Minneapolis, and surrounding areas, then Deco Catering is the choice for you. We offer exceptional service and food for a wide variety of private events in Minneapolis and can help you find the perfect menu and service type for your party. To schedule a free tasting for your event, contact us today!